Fr Terry’s Update April 16

Posted in: Parish Life
Tags:

Today was Thursday of the Octave of Easter. Each daily Mass between Easter Sunday and this coming Sunday (Divine Mercy Sunday) is celebrated with the solemnity of Easter Sunday (“Gloria,” fancy chanted “Dismissal,” and all!)

Students from St. Brendan School, N. Olmsted, sent me cards for my birthday last month! Special thanks to their principal for sending them my way.

And speaking of birthdays, Pope Emeritus (Latin, for “former holder of office”) Benedict XVI celebrates his 93rd birthday today! He was baptized the very day he was born, which happened to be Holy Saturday in 1927.

As a German, Benedict might enjoy a good beer today, but in honor of his birthday, I walk us through the 3 easy steps to enjoy an Aperol Spritz, an Italian favorite. Maybe your new favorite quarantine drink, too…

Please enjoy responsibly!

12 Comments for : Fr Terry’s Update April 16
    • Bernice Ursich
    • April 17, 2020

Hi Fr. Terry:
    Thank you for these weekly messages. I appreciate your sharing some of your personal experiences in such a humorous manner. It’s good to have a laugh sometime……………but wait, get my mask and gloves……….where did I put that stimulus check………gotta go get me some of those ingredients for the Aperitif
    Bernice Ursich

Bernice, you’re most welcome. Did you end up trying it? 😉

• Linda Hutter
    • April 17, 2020

I need to add your birthday to my birthday book……so what day in March would that be????

By the way, the straw makes the drink and you chose a great one! Have a good day and thanks for the message and informative additions to it.

Linda

That would be: March 9 (St. Frances of Rome).

• LouAnn Rossi
    • April 17, 2020

Well I’ll bet you you’re gonna be a big star
    Might win an Oscar you can’t never tell
    The movie’s gonna make you a big star,
    Cause you can play the part so well

Slight revision of 2nd stanza:
    Act Naturally, Buck Owens.
    A #1 hit on the charts across
    America in 1963.

• Pete Kamis
    • April 18, 2020

Really enjoy your updates Father. Keep it up and let’s get mass going again. Miss your homilies and your uplifting personality. You are a gift from God.

• Kathy Vislosky
    • April 19, 2020

Thank you for these updates, Fr. Terry. What a great way to show your personality and connect with the parish while we all have to physically distance. Not being together is hard for all of us, but maybe most especially you as you begin as pastor of St. Noel. Blessings! Looking forward to being together again.

You’re most welcome, Kathy. I think 4 parishioners (1 from St. Charles) shared that they were enjoying and trying for the first time the Aperol Spritz, last Sunday!

• Sharon Kives
    • April 26, 2020

Hi Father, hope All is well. Where is this weeks video? I’m looking forward to the next episode of “Fr. Terry’s interesting (and entertaining) facts”. 😁 stay well!

Sharon, this week’s “video” turned into a typed message. Admittedly, I needed a couple days to myself this past week. But I hope to have another one up in the week ahead. Glad you’re enjoying. We’ll try to keep them informative and light at the same time!